Pages

Friday, April 3, 2009

..... Fort Worth, Texas

Home is where the heart is and not necessarily in a specific locality. As we move towards our new adventure, all too fast, I might add, I am also moving towards simplifying my blogging. I want to be able to post from my phone and to do that I (so far anyways) have to use a commercial blog site. So, for now, here it is. ....... 
We are finishing up here. Tomorrow we leave for a quick romp down the highway to Nacogdoches where we will put everything back into storage. And then too, packing all those things that we just can't live without. We haven't even decided on what type of suitcases to take yet. Oh the unknown of it all! One of the questions was if we minded a hike-in site. Oh boy, if I have to carry all my 80 lbs to our new home I won't be a happy camper.

copied from web site:

Fredericksburg, Texas Hill Country,


March 29, 2009

Last weekend we were fortunate to spend time with my parents in Edmonton, Canada. It was a pleasant visit, as always and we were even given a wonderful surprise! COLD temperatures and a SNOWSTORM which dumped quite a bit of that fresh powdery white stuff and HOWLING winds. What a difference! We finally found the white winter that we had been looking for since we started our trip to Romania in Nov of last year. It didn't last long and had already started to melt a little although the temps were barely hitting 0C by the time that we left on Monday.

Now, after a hectic few days of packing the RV we are making trails to Nacogdoches where we will once again put the RV in storage. For today however, we are in Fredericksburg, in the Texas Hill Country, hoping to make a renewed acquaintance with the Texas Bluebonnets and Indian Paint. So far we have seen none but we are enjoying a wonderful visit with friends.

It is, however, time I think, to put the house to rest - it needs a vacation for sure. This morning we woke up to 1) a dead engine battery in the RV 2) a dead battery in the car (hmmm, could it be the cold weather that is being experienced?) and 3) a flat tire on the car. Is something trying to tell us something?????


I have finally started my new Peace Corps blog. It can be followed at our new blog: PC'ing in Panama. Bookmark us for future reference.


...til later

No comments:

Post a Comment